21 November 2017
History

 

The hotel was built in the 1920 years and opened by Toni and Aenne Appel in 1925.

Parts of it were destroyed during the 2nd world war, but they rebuild the house and the re-opening was in 1951.

During the following decades, it became a well known address for conferences, especially for firms concerning to the chemical industry. In fact of the early death of Toni Appel, Aenne Appel had to lead the Hotel alone. Later on, her sons Paul and Karl share her responsibility and when Karl married Annegret, she starts to work at the hotel, too and became part of the management.

The Appel family always keep expending and extending. During the sixties, a second building was set up with several new guest rooms. In the early seventies, a third building was added, with more guest rooms, a new conference room and an outdoor pool. The main building got more rooms, a bowling alley and a fireplace room.

The Hotel Haus Appel still goes on. Since 2009 we have an à-la-carte-Restaurant. So up to now, after a lot of renovation work in the last two years, the Hotel offers 42 individually furnished guest rooms, two conference rooms with a total area of 170 qm, an à-la-carte-restaurant, a bowling alley, a fireplace room and a large terrace facing the valley and the Ahr.

Since September 2011, Christopher Appel, son of Karl and Annegret, shares the responsibility of leading the Hotel. That means, the Hotel Haus Appel is managed the the 3rd generation of the Appel family.

Since April 2013, our Hotel is officially classified with 3 stars of The DEHOGA